Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Smart Start


Everyday I talk about breastfeeding. I talk to moms about deciding whether or not breastfeeding is for them. I encourage women who "want to try it" to really commit and to use support to make sure that it happens. I also support women that choose not to breastfeed.

I know from the research that breastfed babies are smarter and healthier. I have seen the data. I know the data. This is not new or negotiable.

What blows me away though every single time is the relationship between Mom and breastfed baby. Moms who breastfeed learn so much, so quickly about what is going on behind the gaze of their new child. It takes patience and learning on both ends to get this art down--and when that happens a relationship has already been established.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»