Saturday, November 05, 2005

Molimina--my life rhythm connection.

I'm not sure why or when it began but I can't remember a time when I wasn't fascinated by women's health. I can remember the feeling I had when my mother first talked to me about menstruation. I felt like I had been told an exciting secret. A secret about myself and all other women before me. A common link that you weren't really supposed to talk about. I was excited and I was going to talk about it to anyone who would listen. My interest was piqued-- I wanted to know what other secrets were around the corner.

I realized that what I was learning in health class was different than what I was hearing from my friends. It was still different than what my mother was telling me, and quite different than what Dr's were saying. Where was the truth? I started to surround myself with books that focused on science and psychology. I wanted to understand the cycles of womanhood, how the female body changes, conceives, gestates and gives birth. This subject wasn't so easy to come by. At least not in any noteworthy journals at the time. Why hadn't more studies been done? I realized that men were actually the only measure of all things scientific. I guess the very cycles that I wanted to understand would have "skewed the science." Bummer.
---------------------------
What we see, we see
and seeing is changing

Adrienne Rich

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»